Wednesday 28 November 2012

:: blueberry lemon muffins ::



Mmm snacks. Who doesn't need them? I'm just so guilty of needing to swallow something sweet especially when I'm preparing dinner. These are completely healthy, fat-burning muffins, and so quick to make. 

Packed with protien, they also are some of the yummiest butter-free, sugar-free, wheat-free muffins I've ever eaten.

Blueberry Lemon Muffins
 (modified slightly from Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfillipo)

Ingredients
6 eggs
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup grade B maple syrup
1 lemon, juice and zest
½ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup frozen blueberries (can also use fresh, but I used frozen)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Whisk the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda; stir until well combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
In a muffin tin, scoop ¼ cup of the batter into each lined muffin cup (natural parchment muffin papers work best for lining). Bake for 35-40 minutes.

Try them. Deeeelish. Guilt-free.

2 comments:

  1. They sound great. I have all the ing. except coconut flour. I'll sub. arrowroot.Keep up the good work beautiful.xx.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a bit of love behind in my comment box!