Thursday 23 August 2012

:: no flour cheese & chive crackers ::


The final post of my 'Healthy 3', the Gold medal winner of that day, goes to:

Low Carb Cheese & Chive Crackers

by the amazing

Damy Health


Prep time: 7 Minutes – Cook time: 12-15 Minutes – Total time: 20 Minutes
Yield: Makes 12-16 Crackers
Ingredients:
  • 1 Garlic Clove
  • 1/4 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
  • 1/4 Cup Dry Curd Cottage Cheese
  • Dash of Salt (to taste)
  • 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp Dried Chives
  • 1/4 Cup Daiya Vegan Cheese or Parmesan (Optional – cheese not needed)
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
  2. In your food processor blend oil, cottage cheese, garlic and salt until completely smooth.
  3. Add almond flour and mix until dough-like.
  4. Add chives and vegan cheese and pulse until mixed.
  5. Press or roll dough out evenly and to desired thickness.
  6. Using a cookie cutter cut into desired shapes (I just used a knife and made diamonds)
  7. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
  8. Place crackers on baking sheet. 
  9.  
  10. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown (flip at the half-way mark if desired).
  11. Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack and enjoy!
  12. Store in a sealed-tight container on the counter for a couple days or in the refrigerator.

 Damy Health website has been an amazing find. She has MULTITUDES of de-lish (and I mean DE-LISH) recipes, especially for sweet treats!

These savoury crackers worked an absolute charm, and knowing how my mum has tried to perfect homemade crackers many times, I was surprised how perfectly these came out first time around. I omitted the chives since I didn't have any around.
Definitely one of the more successful experiments I've tried of late.




1 comment:

  1. Well darling,I'll definitely be trying these soon. They look great, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a bit of love behind in my comment box!