It's been a few days since I have posted.
Things have been a whirl of excitement, stress & puppy pee.
This weekend has been entirely dedicated to boxing up our belongings (with the exception of Jason's b-day dinner last night, which will be blogged soon). I can't believe how many boxes it takes to empty just one kitchen cupboard. Ugh! But in amongst all that, I found a spare 5 mins to create another glorious sweet treat, totally guilt free. Actually it's good for you. So listen up, and give it a go.
Skinny Cinnamon Vanilla Cheesecake Squares
Makes about 20 squares
Prep time: 10 mins, if that.
Setting time: Not really sure, I put it in the fridge and forgot about it.
- 1 Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Cup Raw Walnuts
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tab Honey
- 500g Cottage Cheese
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt (or vanilla yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 rounded teas. Stevia
- 2 Tab gelatine (dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water just before you need it)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon for the top
- Using your food processor bowl and blade blend all cheesecake filling ingredients (except the gelatine & cinnamon) until smooth and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Rinse your food processor bowl and blade process all crust ingredients until dough like consistency with visible chunks of nut.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan or glass dish with baking paper.
- Press crust mixture evenly into baking dish.
- Get a hand whisk and gradually pour the dissolved gelatine into the filling, while whisking fast.
- Pour filling over the crust.
- Thinly sprinkle your cinnamon over the top.
- Cover with glad wrap and chill overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, cut into squares and serve immediately.
They are full of protein from the cottage cheese, good fats from the walnuts, and only natural sugars.
It is no where near as fiddly as 9 points.. it's basically just put everything in the processor and whizz (base and filling separately of course).
Now I'm going to go eat a few, because there's no guilt here today!