Saturday 21 July 2012

::gluten-free, sugar-free, easy fudgey muffins ::


bit of a mouthful? so are these when you bite 'em.



Ingredients:
  •  1 3/4 cup oats
  •  3 egg whites (I did use the whole egg, but up to you)
  •  3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
  • 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR  2 tbs stevia (I did Stevia)
Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.

In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.

Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.


I did this in my Thermomix. That's my mixture below, looking rather foamy since I had just put the hot water on the baking soda!



I found that the cakes stuck to the paper quite badly when I eagerly tried to sample a warm one, but now that they are completely cooled, they come off easier.

Enjoy! xo


3 comments:

  1. Mmm mm! Where did you get your unsweetened applesauce from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually seen it for sale (though I'm sure it's somewhere...), so I just make a small batch of my own.

      4 apples
      3/4 cup water
      dash of cinnamon
      Simmmer all together on stove for 15mins. Allow to cool then mash or blend.

      :)

      Delete
  2. These look and sound so delicious. I think I will have to try these at some point!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a bit of love behind in my comment box!