Saturday 17 March 2012

:: sunday lunch ::


Sunday lunches. It's a time where you don't have much on, so you could seize the chance to make something that would usually be too much bother. It's also a time when the sun is so warm, the mood is so lazy that anything and everything is already too much bother.

For lunch today, I took a risk and made chilli con carne. Risk because Jason prefers I stay far away from anything with a tomato element, and a risk because I don't seem to be a bean's best friend. I know most people make chilli on a regular basis and beans are a cinch, but I barely touch them. I always feel like I'll turn them into powdered poo.

This recipe was too easy to leave, and I was in need of something hearty today. Best of all, Jason genuinely liked it. Sweeeet.

{chilli con carne}
serves:4      on the table in: 35 mins
calorie count: 310

500g beef mince
2 fresh long red chillies, chopped very finely (I used cayenne pepper)
packed taco seasoning mix
400g can diced tomatoes
420g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander

1. Cook mince in heated oiled frying pan, stir till browned. Add chillies and seasoning; cook, stirring until fragrant.
2. Add undrained tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 15 mins. Add beans; simmer uncovered for 5 mins. 
3. Remove from heat, stir in coriander.

Typically served with warm corn tortillas and sour cream. Do whatever feels good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a bit of love behind in my comment box!