Sunday 7 April 2013

:: baby announcement project ::


 I thought I'd share the little baby cards that I made for sending out to friends, with a 'thank-you' message on the back for their gifts. They are also a bit of a baby 'announcement', but I often wonder what place 'announcement' cards actually have, because there is no way I'd ever be able to send these out to people fast enough to really use them to announce Willem's birth! But I've really loved the design of some of the ones I've seen online, hence deciding to use them as thank-you notes instead. I should also mention that I pre-made these in my weeks at home, awaiting Willem's arrival. Just put in random info data to hold the spots.

I made them on photoshop, to the size of a 4x6 photo, so I could print them cheaply at Officeworks (only cost me $4.95 for 55!). I then glued a piece of grey card on the back so I could write a little note there. I couldn't pick between these two designs, so I printed some of each!

Which do you prefer?



And (of course), I couldn't resist throwing in a couple of piccies of my darling Willem, who is just so good... only waking 2x a night for feeds (which mummy is VERY ready to give!) and put on over a pound in less than 2 weeks! He's going to be a big boy. Already growing up too fast... help!

Taken at one week old; cozy on grandma's homemade quilt:



4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I like the card with the writing below his head :) Such a handsome fella! Sounds like you've got a good little routine happening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the one with the text clear of his lovely little face.
    Such a handsome boy!! You must be just loving this new role Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same, I like the one on the left too.
    Such a gorgeous little lad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto! (The one on the left.) Willem is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a bit of love behind in my comment box!