I tried a lovely recipe yesterday which made a splendid lunch with a side of cauli-mash and steamed veggies. These salmon rissoles were very quick, satisfying and nutritious so I thought I'd share!
2 carrots, peeled & chopped
3 potatoes, peeled & chopped
210g can red salmon (I actually used a 400g tin of pink)
2 tbs capers (optional)
2 spring onions, chopped
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs parsley, chopped
2 tbs dry breadcrumbs
1 egg, whisked
breadcrumbs, extra, for coating
2 tbs oil
- Steam carrots and potatoes until tender. I did mine by chopping them small and placing them in a microwave-safe glass dish (with lid) and a splash of water, then microwaving on high for 10mins.
- Roughly mash, then transfer to a bowl.
- Drain the salmon, then flake with a fork. Add to the potato mixture with capers, spring onions, lemon juice, parsley, dry breadcrumbs and half of the egg. Mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take large handfuls of the mixture and shape into rissoles.
- Coat with remaining egg and extra breadcrumbs (I needed an extra egg and lots of breadcrumbs by the end), then refrigerate for 30 minutes (I didn't bother).
- Heat oil (preferably coconut oil) in a non-stick frying pan. Cook rissoles for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serves 4-6.