Tuesday 18 September 2012

:: quick weeknight pizza ::



I bought some extra large wraps the other week, and thought they'd make terrific pizza bases for a quick meal. I never like a very thick crust on a pizza anyway, so I was more than happy with this subsitution. They were just delish.

The options of what to put on them are absolutely endless. I just put on what I had in the fridge.

I spread the base of one with barbeque sauce, and the other with seeded mustard
(the mustard one turned out divine!).


I also sprinkled cayenne pepper over both, to add a kick & metabolism boost.


... sliced mushrooms...


... yummy red onion ...


... baby spinach leaves...


... and pieces of pre-cooked chicken (I had this frying while I prepared the rest). They were thigh fillets, sprinkled with tumeric, which is not a very strong tasting spice, but full of colour and immensely good for you. It's anti-inflammatory benefits are actually comparable to drugs like hydrocortisone and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs. But, unlike the drugs, tumeric is not toxic at all. Most importantly, turmeric is one of the most potent anti-cancer spices that helps protect you. Turmeric and it's derivatives are currently being studied in alternative cancer treatments.


Finally, I added mozzerella cheese but forgot to snap a picture before I baked them for about 20mins.




Simple, savoury, and not too bad for you :).

xo

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! :) I love quick pizza recipes and this one looks so good too! Hope you're continuing to feel well! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a bit of love behind in my comment box!